If you have recently had your hosting migrated or restored and are now seeing PHP errors one of the quickest steps of troubleshooting this is by changing the PHP version or adjusting PHP modules.
To do this complete the following steps.
- Access cPanel by browsing to http://your-domain-name/cpanel, ensuring to replace ‘your-domain-name‘ with your actual domain
- Login using the details provided in the welcome email
- Under ‘Software/Services‘ click on ‘Select PHP Version‘
- Choose a PHP version from the drop down menu and click ‘Set as Current‘
- Select any additional PHP modules as needed
- Click on ‘Save‘ then click ‘Set as current‘
You will now be using a different version of PHP, you can verify this by using the phpinfo function in a PHP page on the website.
Note. In December 2014 we will be discontinuing the support of legacy PHP versions, including 5.2 and 5.3.